[ale] custom LIve CD

Drew Brown nupedrew at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 15:08:17 EDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 5:16 AM, jrtroberts

>   I just have to learn more about what I need and don't need in a distro to
> make the base install as small as possible, then research and find as many
> useful PC repair tools as I can, then build the live CD with something like
> the options above.

I've done something similar with Debian Lenny and Remastersys. I wanted a
distro that was a server and tight security, so I started with the Debian
business card install and only added things that I needed.

I dislike Ubuntu very much, however, it was an Ubuntu user that created
Remastersys. Over the years (of using live CDs) I must say that aside from a
single (insignificant bug where the splash image is not recognized after
installation) Remastersys is extremely easy to use and reliable.

Drew