[ale] custom LIve CD

jrtroberts jrtroberts at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 06:16:43 EDT 2010

Thanks Drew.

I think your advice makes sense.  I have found a remastered Ubuntu
distro called Crunchbag.  I will look into it more and see about using
Remastersys.  There is also possibility of using
*http://www.linux-live.org/* to build a live CD from potentially any
distro.  I just have to learn more about what I need and don't need in a
distro to make the base install as small as possible, then research and
find as many useful PC repair tools as I can, then build the live CD
with something like the options above.

I like the idea of Crunchbag because I am familiar with Ubuntu/Debian.
Plus it uses the OpenBox desktop environment and not the heavy KDE or
Gnome desktops environments.  There may be a better BOX sessions to use
than OpenBox, but that is another research project.

I may take some guidance from the UBCD, or Ultimate Boot CD.  There is a
very large list of tools on its site.