[ale] OT: Roku

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Mon Aug 2 12:16:46 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-08-02 at 11:59 -0400, Jerald Sheets wrote:

> Here's a test:  Have you been able to take the box somewhere else,
> say, like work perhaps and get better performance out of it there?

The first box I took to my fathers house and we watched Step Brothers.
Worked well.  This box is a "certified replacement".  It is used
hardware.  My concern is that it is not 100%.

I'm really curious as the differences between Wii, 360, PS3, Roku, etc
in there streaming of Netflix.  Why does my wii do something that roku
fails to do.  This is on SD content too.

I don't do bit torrent so my traffic is at a minimum when the box gets
used.

The symptoms happen on every channel.  So I can not point a finger at
Netflix.