[ale] OT: Roku

Jerald Sheets questy at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 11:59:26 EDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 11:30 AM, Chris Fowler
<cfowler at outpostsentinel.com>wrote:

> Does the wireless failure seem all
> too common?

I get no wireless failures with Roku nor do I get wired failures.  We don't
watch network TV any more and watch Roku as our nightly television viewing
in excess of 85% of the time.  I have had zero buffering and zero playback
issues of any kind.

Do you get good video for a few months then it all goes
> south?

Never.  My Comcast Business delivers pretty spot-on consistent performance
without fail.  My wireless network is 802.11N and does the same as does
wired.

> It is not my network!

The only difference between you and I appears to be network, so now I'm
really curious what's up with your box. If it were just about anyone else,
I'd say they were delusional about the network thing, but since it's you and
I know you to not be un-thorough or some kind of flake, then I have to look
back at the box.

Here's a test:  Have you been able to take the box somewhere else, say, like
work perhaps and get better performance out of it there?

--Jerald