[ale] ubuntu versus fedora

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Mon Apr 19 10:06:08 EDT 2010

Ubuntu is a Linux distribution.  When you install it you are installing Linux.

Fedora is a different Linux distribution.   When you install it you are installing Linux.

Or if you're a purist - both have the Linux Kernel and various GNU utilities and addons.   For all practical purposes though they are both "Linux" operating systems.