[ale] WRT54G2 wifi router troubles

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Thu Apr 8 18:45:37 EDT 2010

On 04/08/2010 05:48 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> Exactly
> Accomplishes nothing.  The fewer config changes from "as shipped" for
> the modem, the better.  Let the ISP provided gear be left alone. That
> way any laptop can be plugged into it to detetmine if the wireless
> router has plonked. Do the custom stuff on the user gear.
> Smack the msce just because: -)

I'm in favor of the "pass-through mode" recommendation, but only if the
equipment in maintained by a technically savvy user. In this situation,
I agree with Jim's comment above. Still, I doubt the list would have
dumped on the suggestion so hard if the source hadn't been identified as
an MCSE.

--
All the best,
Brian Pitts