[ale] Good book to help prepare for the LPIC-1 test?

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Tue Sep 22 12:39:58 EDT 2009

Actually there should be a second edition of Ross Brunson's Exam Cram: LPIC-1 coming out in the near future last I spoke with Ross.  It would be up to date with the latest LPIC-1 objectives as well, which were updated in April 2009.

As for going the RHCT/RHCE route, I would have to agree that most folks have heard of the RedHat certs over the LPI certs in the US.  This is reversed internationally with LPI being a bit more popular (as well as lower in cost).  Both exams require one to have practical experience with Linux and CLI, though the RHCT/RHCE is all "practical" versus the LPIC-1 and LPIC-2 are computer based exams.

HTH some from a Linux trainer. ;-)

--- Crawford

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court
Westminster, CO 80031 USA
voice:  +1.303.604.2550
web:    http://www.linux-etc.com

NOTICE:  This email is intended for the named recipient(s) only, and contains information that is proprietary and/or confidential. Do not forward or post this email without first obtaining my specific prior approval. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply and delete the subject email.