[ale] Multi-Channel Whole House Audio

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Fri Oct 9 13:27:59 EDT 2009

On Fri, 9 Oct 2009, Rev. Johnny Healey wrote:

> ALSA has no problems seeing multiple sound cards and different apps
> can access the different sound cards to play audio on them.

Saw a nice presentation at ALF (Atlanta Linux Fest)
about why sound is such a mess in Linux, and Pulse Audio,
while a little/lot odd now, is a necessary migration
and other sound modes/drivers will be dying.

There is also something "higher end" than Pulse Audio,
but I don't remember the name, that will be doing the same role for
high-end high-def sound systems.