[ale] Linux XBMC on a pc: which IR do you use?

david w. millians millia at panix.com
Thu Nov 19 11:09:56 EST 2009

I have done the Acer Aspire Revo thing (goodness knows how many of the
things they sold based on that link in lifehacker) and it's very sweet,
excepting that lack of built-in IR.

So, which IR is anybody using on the Linux XBMC rig? And, since I'll be
in Atlanta tomorrow, is it available at Microcenter or Fry's? My end
goal is controlling it with the One Ring of remotes, the blessed
Logitech Harmony 880. (Honestly, aside from microfiber cloths, it's my
choice for technology of the millennium so far.)

Finally, how does it work on powering to/from hibernation or suspend
mode? I'd rather not run the thing all the time, and hibernation or
suspend mode- whichever one is deeper and less power, I never can
remember- would be fine.