[ale] Awful story...

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Tue Nov 17 17:16:01 EST 2009

On Tue, 2009-11-17 at 15:56 -0500, Stephen R. Blevins wrote:
> If [3 Ltr. corp.] means what I think it means, please keep in mind that
> [3 Ltr. corp.] has been in the forefront of defending Linux in the
> courts from the ravages of [a bad 3 Ltr. corp.], forcing them into
> bankruptcy.  *Every* large organization has pockets of brilliant
> competency and pockets of unbelievable stupidity, at the same time.

Yeah, I'll also comment that, if [3 Ltr. corp.] means what I think it
means, it means that several people need to be FIRED for explicitly
violating a mandatory "no go" policy that forbids this.  Linux support
is not merely option, it's MANDATORY (given certain parameters regarding
which distributions are actually supported) and MANDATORY support is
required for FireFox, IE 7, and Opera.  That's not a choice some low
life manager is allowed to pick and choose over.  I've already clubbed
two departments over mandatory internal policy violations regarding this
and I've go the policy documents bookmarked.  Doesn't always work,
someone always manages to pull an exemption or an extension to avoid
dealing with it "for now", but penalizing someone over supporting Linux
is a big no-no.  They just didn't know how to whack a clueless front
liner.  Unfortunately, those policies are internal and an outsider would
have no access to them in order to point them out to said clueless
managers.

> Stephen R. Blevins
> srblevi at worldnet.att.net

Mike