[ale] [OT] droid, ssh & vz data plans...

Sid Lane jakes.dad at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 12:04:48 EST 2009

> I'm not sure what the confusion is.

the confusion is that when I try to order it on the website it says I have
to choose a "PDA/Smartphone Email" plan, the choices being "Email and Web
for Smartphone<http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/featurePopup?item=&featureType=phone&featureId=3066>"
@ $29.99/mo or "Unlimited Data
Usage<http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/featurePopup?item=&featureType=phone&featureId=2547>"
@ $44.99/mo.  if u click on the 1st link it says "pop3/imap & unlimited web
browsing" vs if u click on the 2nd you get "Synchronize your mobile PDA or
Smartphone to your PC with PDA/Smartphone from Verizon Wireless, providing
over-the-air synchronization of e-mail, contacts, calendar, and tasks"
(don't even get me started on the alleged $15 exchange thing).  the former
doesn't specify a limit but describing the later as "unlimited" sort of
implies one and neither mention support for anything other than "web
browsing" which I interpret as http(s) or pop/imap (@ least they're specific
about that)...

in my world email (the header over both choices) != web browsing and ssh not
in ('email', 'browsing') but then again in mine 5Gb!='unlimited'...

sounds like it's going to work, I just wanted to make sure before I
commit...