[ale] Teenager Linux Computer Club Seeks Equipment Donations

John M. Willis john.willis at pinfosec.com
Thu Nov 12 06:54:39 EST 2009

I have been lurking here for a while, and thought I would share this
with the group as our 13 year-old enjoys building Ubuntu variants...

    Mike's Computer Club - Build 2 & Keep 1 (Covington)

    Accepting donations of old computer equipment/junk from entire metro
Atlanta area.

    Looking for teenagers that like working with computers, or want/need
a computer.

    Teenagers build two computers from donated equipment. Builder keeps
one computer. The other one gets donated to a needy person or sold real
cheap ($50 price to cover expenses of donated equipment pickup, repair
parts, advertising, etc.).

    All computers are (re-)built using customized Linux (Ubuntu, etc).

    For donation pickup, or inquiries for school or court-sponsored
programs, please call (404) 496-5160.

Donations? Teenagers out in Conyers/Covington area?

Sincerely,
John M. Willis
CISSP, NSA-IAM/IEM, Security+
CEH, ECSA, CIPP/G/IT, CITRMS