[ale] Cantor - a new math equation gui front end

Michael Hirsch mdhirsch at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 16:38:42 EST 2009

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 2:33 PM, Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sweet! It's _almost_ enough to make me switch over to KDE for!
>
> It never ceases to amaze me that http was CREATED by physicists and
> they still have crappy tools to send real math concepts. Canto looks
> like a nice step up.

For some reason I recently ran into the ascii mathML project:
http://www1.chapman.edu/~jipsen/mathml/asciimath.html

It's pretty slick.  It's javascript that turns simple ascii (kinda
dumbed down TeX) into MathML with is the hurribly ugly standard for
math in HTML.  Check out the examples at the bottom of that link.

Cantor looks nice, too.

Michael

Michael