[ale] using ipod touch or iphone with linux

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Fri May 29 19:51:22 EDT 2009

Brian Pitts wrote:
> Sadly, I don't know of any free software friendly portable media players
> with the wow factor of an ipod touch.

I'm going to take that back. The Archos 5 and 7  have listed system
requirements of

Minimum system requirements:
Microsoft® Windows® Vista, XP, ME, 2000 or higher
MAC OS X and Linux (with Mass Storage Device Support)
USB 2.0 interface

They cost more than the iPod Touch, but you get a lot more storage.

http://www.archos.com/products/imt/index.html?country=us&lang=en

I suppose there's also the Nokia N810 if she'll tolerate a keyboard.

--
All the best,
Brian Pitts