[ale] laptop advice needed

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Thu May 21 17:19:40 EDT 2009

> some form of linux. Otherwise you're likely to spend months on
> sleep/suspend, wireless, and video issues. It doesn't have to come
> with your distro of choice. If the OEM got Linux to work, so can you.

And it's an excellent way to reward OEM's that make sure it works with
Linux :)

After some recent Asus experiences.. I just bought an Asus Eee "Seashell"
for my next batch of road trips. I'll boot WinXP, Yawn. And install Linux.
If it works as well as the Eee Tops I just loaded with Eeebuntu, I'll be
very happy.