[ale] Cinelerra

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Tue May 19 04:57:23 EDT 2009

> I'm looking to get Cinelerra up and running to do some video editing,
> and was wondering if anyone had recommendations for distributions to do
> this on.

It's rocking on my Ubuntu 8.10 desktop at home in 64bit. I used this:

http://cinelerra.org/getting_cinelerra.php

     for all x86 (full working on 32 and 64 bits), by Paolo Rampino:
     deb http://akirad.cinelerra.org akirad-intrepid main

         Installation notes:
         - For your convenience you can install a package for detecting
your version of Ubuntu, installing akirad repository and keeping it
updated.
         Just double click on the link
http://akirad.cinelerra.org/pool/addakirad.deb and install it with GDebi
Package Installer.
         Alternatively, use one of the following terminal commands:
         wget -q http://akirad.cinelerra.org/pool/addakirad.deb && sudo
dpkg -i addakirad.deb && rm addakirad.deb && sudo apt-get update
         or
         echo deb http://akirad.cinelerra.org akirad-intrepid main | sudo
tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/akirad.list && wget -q
http://akirad.cinelerra.org/dists/akirad.key -O- | sudo apt-key add - &&
sudo apt-get update
         - 4 are the packages available in the akirad repository:

             cinelerra (all computers)
             cinelerra-gl (best on computer with opengl2.0 shader)
             cinelerra-smp (best on multiprocessors computer, it allows
also opengl2.0 shader)
             cinelerra-swtc (extra Shape Wipe Transitions)

         - Ubuntu Intrepid uses Pulse Audio as Sound driver. Since it comes
with a PulseAudio ESD compatibility layer, Cinelerra can be set to work
with PulseAudio. Simply open Cinelerra and go to
Settings->Preferences->Playback->Audio Driver. Select ESound and set the
following parameters:
         Server:
         Port: 7007
         - These packages set shmmax to 0x7fffffff and add non-English
language support for Cinelerra.
         - Please, report any package bug to akir4d at gmail dot com