[ale] Cinelerra

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon May 18 22:24:00 EDT 2009

I've got a running, rather stable install of Cinnelerra on Fedora 10.
Use the x86_64 distro and throw as much ram as you can at it. Go here
for an rpm: http://rpms.kwizart.net/fedora/10/x86_64/ This is based on
the community version which runs a bit cleaner than the Heroinewarrior
releases.

You will need to link in the rpmfusion repo and have the latest
multimedia tools - especially ffmpeg. The newest ffmpeg is not in rpm
format (yet) which a bummer as it add H.264 write ability. The current
version can read h.264 but not write.

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 5:57 PM, Andrew Grieser <agrieser at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm looking to get Cinelerra up and running to do some video editing, and was wondering if anyone had recommendations for distributions to do this on.
>
> I do most of my multimedia work (gimp & inkscape) in Ubuntu, so I figured I would just install it there. However, it isn't in the repos. I added a third party repository and got it installed, but it gives errors when trying to import video clips. I'm pretty sure this is a bug, because it has the required libraries to read the files.
>
> As a side note, I tried kdenlive on Ubuntu, and was able to import the video, but the program seems to be in early beta based on the number of bugs I ran into.
>
> So I'd like to get a working version Cinelerra installed, and am willing to install an entire OS to get a working version with proper libraries, codecs, etc installed. Does anyone have recommendations on this? If not, is there another video editor I should be using?
>
> Andrew
>
> --
> OpenPGP Key ID: 6D2B8CE2 (agrieser at gmail.com)

James P. Kinney III