[ale] OpenOffice Draw for Site Maps?

Ed Cashin ecashin at noserose.net
Fri Jan 30 15:36:21 EST 2009

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Brian Pitts <brian at polibyte.com> wrote:
> If you draw in sticks, you're a vector art guy and don't know it yet.

I wanted to mention that my two favorite tools for vector
graphics are well supported in Linux.

  * xfig - a classic.  If you can get the hang of it, it's easy to
    make really good looking EPS that imports well into lots
    of other apps.

  * metapost - an under-appreciated treasure by John Hobby,
    a student of Don Knuth's.  It takes a programming language
    as input and creates PostScript (which is also a programming
    language, so "meta" is appropriate).

    So for generating good looking scalable graphics from a
    script or program, metapost is fantastic.

--
  Ed Cashin <ecashin at noserose.net>