[ale] OpenOffice Draw for Site Maps?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 08:24:32 EST 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 4:03 PM, Jeff Hubbs <hbbs at comcast.net> wrote:
> Despite those stencils looking very clever-seeming and all, I find they
> make for lousy diagrams.  Diagrams/blueprints/schematics are supposed to
> be abstractions that show more than just a physical arrangement.  With
> the rectangle (or whatever) filled in with non-germane information
> (e.g., where on the front panel of a server the CD drive is :) ), I
> can't use the inside of the rectangle to convey germane information.

Ah! But you are not a pointy-haired boss, are you? Bear in mind that
PHB doesn't actually  _read_ the diagram. They just look at the
_pictures_and match them to the sale brochure pictures to make sure
they are planning on a hardware setup the nice salesman is able to
provide.

Yes. The explicit part drawings are for the technically illiterate.
All of which really begs the question, "Why are they needing this
information in the first place if they don't know what it is and they
have no impetus to learn it?".
James P. Kinney III