[ale] OpenOffice Draw for Site Maps?

Ed Cashin ecashin at noserose.net
Thu Jan 29 20:27:18 EST 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 8:04 PM, Paul Cartwright <ale at pcartwright.com> wrote:
> On Thu January 29 2009, Brian Pitts wrote:
>> Can visio work with postscript or svg? I haven't used it; just curious.
>
> I have no idea what SVG is, and I'm not sure how you mean postscript. Isn't
> that a printing device? Are you saying print it to Postscript, and what? I
> would still need to RUN it to print, which still means windows.

PostScript is a programming language that can tell display
devices and printers what to do just like it can tell a computer
to do other stuff.  It's unusual in that it has postfix syntax, like
forth, so that instead of saying "a + b", you say, "a b +".

Here is a nice example: a web server written in PostScript.

  http://www.pugo.org:8080/

The page isn't loading for me right now, but I hope that's
just temporary.

--
  Ed Cashin <ecashin at noserose.net>