[ale] A new web server

Terry Bailey terry at bitlinx.com
Mon Jan 19 22:41:28 EST 2009

The random errors are random within a particular subcollection of
items.  I went to a computer store today in Douglasville and the same
thing happened on one of their XP computers as happens on the XP
machine that I am running.   So, when I got home, I whipped out a
laptop and hooked up to the wireless on my home network.  It is an XP
machine and works perfectly time after time and I flush the browser
cache after each trial.

So the server is performing well at my house for the Fedora 9 box and
the XP laptop, just not my XP tower nor the XP tower in Douglasville.

I think that it may be a flaky router because I am in a boutique data
center and the ownership has just changed hands.

Since I am running CentOS 5.2 64 bit on the new server and since my
take is that this is just Red Hat Enterpirse Linux, it seems that the
OS ought to be OK.  I downloaded via BitTorrent and burned the DVD
myself.  Maybe there is a problem there.

Memtest is not on the server, but I will try to find it and I am not
sure how to do a tcpdump.