[ale] A new web server

Terry Bailey terry at bitlinx.com
Sun Jan 18 18:50:29 EST 2009

The last time I installed Fedora, which was Fedora 9, there were no
questions about a firewall.  This time when I installed Centos 5.2,
it was necessary to answer a few questions about the software
firewall which I suspect is iptables.  I wonder if it is a
firewall  problem?  But you would think that if it was firewall, then
the page would still not come down on  a browser refresh.  I think
you are right in thinking that it is an OS problem.  All the
directories are 755.

I tested it with a web page with no graphics and this time, it loaded
immediately.  The code in the access_log was 200