[ale] Thumb drive games

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 08:41:51 EST 2009

tom wrote:
<snipped>
>...some person/idiot added an
> emulated cdrom drive to the San Disk micro cruzer 8 Gig I was using, which
> got seriously in the way of making a bootable disk.
>
> Anybody else run into this kink of idiocy?

yep.  there are two utilities i use, but they are both Windows based.
the "U3 uninstall" gets rid of that crap and there is also the "HP
bootable flash utility" (which has worked on all drives i have tried).

my current favorite to install on the drive is Dreamlinux.  i boot the
LiveCD and it has a tool that images the thumb drive for me.

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/

Where the road takes me - a highwayman’s perspective
http://www.prestonboyington.com/