[ale] RDP Throwin' Cannot-Find-Host Error

Robert Slaughter rslau at mindspring.com
Fri Jan 9 16:07:36 EST 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-09 at 15:43 -0500, Marc Ferguson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can certainly look into that when I get home.  I new to all of this,
> so SSH, Telnet, RDP, they're all new.  I'll have to look into how to
> telnet into my machine.  As for firewall, are you talking about a
> software or hardware firewall?  Thanks for the response.
>

>From the command prompt window in Windows, or a command-line window in
Linux:
" telnet IP-address -p 3389 "

(some don't need the '-p')

and tell us what you get.

> --
> Marc F.
>
> www.fergytech.com
> Registered Linux User: #410978
>
> "When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide, hmm good stuff!" -Marc
> F.

Bob Slaughter, rslauGUESS at WHATmindspring.com
http://www.mindspring.com/~rslau/
North Georgia Modurail: http://www.trainweb.org/northgamodurail/
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." -- Albert Einstein<
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." -- Plato