[ale] RDP Throwin' Cannot-Find-Host Error

Marc Ferguson marcferguson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 15:43:50 EST 2009

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 3:15 PM, Sean McNealy <sean.mcnealy at gmail.com> wrote:

> > What was really freaky was, I ran Windows XP, in VirtualBox and I was
> able
> > to connect, but it then threw an error about an Xsession already going.
>  So;
> > I thought I'll log out of my linux box and connect using my Windows
> laptop.
> > I was unable to even find the host.  I could ping my computer, but RDP
> > couldn't find my host.
>
> Any chance your linux machine is running a firewall you don't know
> about or haven't configured yet?  That's my first guess.
>
> Have you tried to telnet to 3389?

Hi,

I can certainly look into that when I get home.  I new to all of this, so
SSH, Telnet, RDP, they're all new.  I'll have to look into how to telnet
into my machine.  As for firewall, are you talking about a software or
hardware firewall?  Thanks for the response.

--
Marc F.

www.fergytech.com
Registered Linux User: #410978

"When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide, hmm good stuff!" -Marc F.