[ale] OT: top-posting - Further OT - Banks and Firefox

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Thu Jan 8 07:40:10 EST 2009

> The bank eventually merged with another that has enlightened views on
> the subject. But I didn't believe that anyone could be so,  well,
> STUPID.  "Our customers don't use anything else!"  When I asked if he
> thought maybe that was because anyone using another browser couldn't get
> to his site.  He didn't see my point.  This was supposedly their IT person.
>
> Jim.

Sun Trust tends to be on again and off again as far as enlightment of
choice goes. I've had IT support people that were Linux/FF oriented and
others that were of the M$ droan type. Recently I had a problem where I
couldn't access the bill pay feature, FF kept reporting service was not
available. I called and the person I spoke to said that I needed to
reboot, hmmm. And then he finally understood that I don't have M$ and
I'm on Linux/FF. "Oh you need at least M$ XP and IE6.x" My response, "I
don't like rebooting several times a day to get things to work, thank
you and have a good day". It suddenly started working after the phone call.