[ale] OT: top-posting

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Thu Jan 8 02:45:46 EST 2009

On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 18:41:52 -0500
"Greg Freemyer" <greg.freemyer at gmail.com> wrote:

> > How is this the case?  Does it not let you scroll to any point of a
> > message and edit?
>
> It does not.
>
> You have to read the email first, then click reply.
>
> At that point it gives you a blank white screen in which you type.
>
> What ever you type gets top-posted to the full original email.

Unfortunately, GMail (the Java MIDlet) does the same thing.  I learned
that and quickly stopped using it.  It's patently stupid to not be able
to trim the message.  It's not like a Blackberry or a Windows Mobile
device is so constrained that trimming is impossible, the programmers
were just lazy.

After all, I could intelligently bottom-post on my 80386 system I had
once upon a time, and on systems that I had before that...

	--- Mike

--
My sigfile ran away and is on hiatus.
http://www.trausch.us/