[ale] Upgrade Has Caused A Downgrade

Gene Poole gene.poole at macys.com
Mon Jan 5 16:57:30 EST 2009

The 'bare metal' install fails while installing the base packages, so
there are no logs available (at least once it has failed when formatting
the file systems). I'm going to attempt to get a re-spin and burn the new
DVD on another machine.  It has also been suggested that I try Fedora 10
or CentOS 5.2.  I'll try Fedora 10 if the re-spin doesn't work.

Using Fedora 8, I installed the gkrellm monitor (yum -y install gkrellm*)
and all 4-cores are acting independent (as did the 2-cores on the original
AMD x2).  It could very well be a driver, so I'll poke around the mobo CD
and see what I find.

Any other suggestions would be would be considered.

Thanks,
Gene Poole