[ale] Upgrade Has Caused A Downgrade

robert mccurdy freeload101 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 13:46:15 EST 2009

first start by googling the error or log message on the screen or in /var/log/messages

prob tried to load some stupid kernel mod and borked ... monolithic kernels for the win !

also pull out everything you can ( video card etc .. swap ram if you have two sticks boot with one out and then swap ) if it boots ok with out video card installed or what ever you know its that card or drivers for that card its trying to load (also enable and disable onboard shit like video sound etc ... ) seing how its a new box and it took a load before its prob not ram.

or you could just run PCbsd and be done with it :P or hell if you have to do linux run centos

   -----==-=====--==-=====--==-=====--==-Tomorrow’s security today!