[ale] network question

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Fri Dec 4 11:14:55 EST 2009

scott wrote:
> it all depends.  what are the two networks for?

All I'm told is that it was a legacy thing, no real reason.  Now they're
worried that if they put everything on a single network, it will
saturate the bandwidth on the single network.  No network bandwidth
study has been done, so this is just a guess.

> do you do vlan tagging?

No.

> how about etherbonding (like LACP)?

No, considering it though.

> are the two networks separate for a reason?

Again, there is no reason, pure legacy.

> Answers to each of these questions will bring
> more questons and so forth until we can then answer the questions.
> This is not a simple question.

I know, hence the inquiry. ;)

--
Until later, Geoffrey