[ale] Fedorai and Flash

Pete Hardie pete.hardie at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 09:33:10 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 07:04, Andy Whitten<Pilarlosada at comcast.net> wrote:
> Brian Pitts wrote:
>> On 07/31/2009 09:42 PM, Andy Whitten wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> I am having a terrible time trying to get Flash and Fedora 11 to play
>>> nice with one another. I have tried multiple suggestions from multiple
>>> guides. Has anyone had any luck with this?
>>>   I am using the 32 bit version. I'd love to know what you did to get it to work.

Here's what I've done, and it works with one quirk.

uninstall the alsa-pulseaudio-plugin package
uninstall all flash
install the Flash 9 version from adobe.com's archive page
don't under any circumstances try to mix PA and other audio control

The one issue is that PulseAudio has episodes where it eats CPU and
rapidly advances the audio
track I'm playing in Amarok.  If I puase the track for a few moments
and resume, all is well.

--
Pete Hardie
--------