[ale] Fedorai and Flash

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 09:50:45 EDT 2009

Use Flash 10, not 9. security issues galore.

I've had excellent success using the adobe yum repo. Occasionally I
see the npviewer.bin crap out (audio sounds like a CD skip and video
freezes) so I just kill that process and reload the page and all works
well.

While I do have 64-bit systems I do not use the 64-bit flash yet. I
found it to be too unstable for use. Hmm. Maybe I should look at it
again. It's been 6 months or so...

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 9:33 AM, Pete Hardie<pete.hardie at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 07:04, Andy Whitten<Pilarlosada at comcast.net> wrote:
>> Brian Pitts wrote:

> Here's what I've done, and it works with one quirk.
>
> uninstall the alsa-pulseaudio-plugin package
> uninstall all flash
> install the Flash 9 version from adobe.com's archive page
> don't under any circumstances try to mix PA and other audio control
>
> The one issue is that PulseAudio has episodes where it eats CPU and
> rapidly advances the audio
> track I'm playing in Amarok.  If I puase the track for a few moments
> and resume, all is well.
>

> --
> Pete Hardie
> --------