[ale] Ubuntu 7.10 -> 8.04

Kenneth Price neth.price at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 11:17:39 EDT 2008

As long as your 7.10 installation isn't too customized, the migration to
8.04 should be painless.  I've migrated 3 laptop installs this way and the
only issue I had was with Eclipse, which simply needed a reinstall.
However, if you can get away with backing up your files to another PC and
performing a clean install, definitely go that route.

Another advantage of 8.04 is that it's a "LTS - Long Term Support" release.
>From my perspective, using it at the workplace, a long-term support release
is paramount.  I could care less about my home laptops.

Regards,
Ken Price