[ale] Clues for installing Linux to HD under qemu

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Mon Jun 16 19:23:39 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 17:10 -0400, tom wrote:
> Being unsupported might qualify as "broke". At least for some people.

I'd be one of those people.  The distro that I run has to be current
enough that security updates for packaged software still apply.  I'd
probably be the type to run a rolling release, if my favorite
distribution did that... perpetually supported and has an easy upgrade
path.  :-)

Honestly, though, unsupported can bring about all sorts of problems if
you don't want to have to be forced to managing the system itself and
losing the benefit of the package manager.  Running an unsupported
release of a distribution would be a bit like running Slackware (that
is, managing the installed software yourself and not having much but
shell scripts to help you manage the system), but with more complexity.

	--- Mike

Michael B. Trausch                                   mike at trausch.us
home: 404-592-5746, 1                                 www.trausch.us
cell: 678-522-7934                       im: mike at trausch.us, jabber