[ale] OT - Job Opportunity in Alpharetta

Michael Smith msmith at mikeandmel.com
Wed Feb 21 20:31:09 EST 2007

Sometimes the only time you have to learn something new is when you get
laid off.  I've been laid off twice and been lucky enough to find work
pretty quickly(month or less) but during these times I was off I really
got caught up on new coding languages and trying to update my fedora core
bleeding edge machine.  ;)  They were stressful but productive times.

> You have a bit of a point.   After turning my nose up at the $12/hour
> job I was unemployed for 4 months and ultimately ended up having to move
> to North Carolina to find a job.   I often thought later to myself that
> since it was a night shift job that perhaps I should have taken as it
> would have let me continue searching for a real job during the day.   On
> the flip side knowing myself I wonder how busy I would have been in a
> job hunt if I was up all night.   However, if everyone took the attitude
> that this kind of job should be snapped up then I think it wouldn't be
> long before all employers were only offering that rate.
>
> Hell, even in Chattanooga they pay $7-$8 an hour for McDonalds entry
> personnel.

believed to be clean.