[ale] Adding drivers to FC 6 for install?

timothy at meanor.net timothy at meanor.net
Tue Feb 20 16:18:16 EST 2007

No, I don't think so.  You generally can't run a 2.4 driver in a 2.6 kernel .
-Tim

I'm trying to install FC 6 on old Dell 6300 which has the PERC2/SC RAID Controller for its SCSI drives.

It worked on RH 7.3 and I've found a post suggesting the driver is not in the 2.6 kernel.

Is there a way to tell it to use the driver originally made for the 2.4 kernel during the install of a 2.6 kernel distro?

By the way - Google shows other people talking about the Dell 6300 and PERC but they are talking about an Adaptec PERC card not the PERC2/SC which is a Megatrends PERC card instead.