[ale] Question

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 17:11:34 EST 2007

How are you trying to upload? ftp, smb, http...

wmm

On 2/8/07, Terry Bailey <terry at bitlinx.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I know that this is a Linux group and this group has helped me solve MANY
> Linux problems; but, since the Vista disscussion (very interesting) I
> thought I would ask a question about XP.
>
> When I try to upload a file using ftp from my XP machine to a Windows 2003
> server, the largest file that I can upload is 1.4K.  Anything larger will
> not go.
>
> My PC running Fedora can upload any size file to the Windows 2003
> server.  I think it must be the Windows firewall that came with one of the
> upgrades, but I do not know how to remove it.  I tried disengaging it, but
> that doesn't help.
>
> In addition, the XP machine will upload any size file to my Sun box, but I
> am running that over SSH and hence not port 21.
>
> I need to keep using XP because of certain applications.  Does anyone know
> of a fix for this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Terry Bailey

http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on
with the prime numbers." --Paul Erd?s
"It's not possible. We are the type of people who have everything in our
favor going against us." --Ben Jarhvi, Short Circuit 2