[ale] Question

Terry Bailey terry at bitlinx.com
Thu Feb 8 15:21:42 EST 2007

Hi,

I know that this is a Linux group and this group has helped me solve MANY
Linux problems; but, since the Vista disscussion (very interesting) I
thought I would ask a question about XP.

When I try to upload a file using ftp from my XP machine to a Windows 2003
server, the largest file that I can upload is 1.4K.  Anything larger will
not go.

My PC running Fedora can upload any size file to the Windows 2003
server.  I think it must be the Windows firewall that came with one of the
upgrades, but I do not know how to remove it.  I tried disengaging it, but
that doesn't help.

In addition, the XP machine will upload any size file to my Sun box, but I
am running that over SSH and hence not port 21.

I need to keep using XP because of certain applications.  Does anyone know
of a fix for this?

Thanks,

Terry Bailey