[ale] Windows Vista - Way OT

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 11:00:48 EST 2007

Calvin Harrigan wrote:

> Ironically enough I'm installing vista right now.  I'll post my critique
> if anyone is interested.

i would be interested in an as unbiased review as possible.

like most people i've read the PC World article:

http://pcworld.about.com/od/longhorn/Lab-Tests-Vista-s-Fast-If-You.htm

and some others online...mixed reviews, but that's nothing new.

a friend of mine was all excited about the "aero" desktop until i showed
him some beryl videos.  he said beryl ran faster from the sabayon livecd
than aero did installed.

from my personal standpoint it is doubtful if i will install vista on
anything of mine for at least a year.  i do too much CAD work and
there's no need for me to upgrade anything for at least that amount of time.