[ale] HOW2 filter a directory of file names... by DATE... ?

Pete Hardie pete.hardie at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 08:42:02 EST 2006

On 3/14/06, Courtney Thomas <cc.thomas at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Thank you for your help and pardon my obtuseness  :-)   but...
>
> If I understand your recommendation...the -cmin flag to find, pertains
> to modifications times of a file, not it's actual implementation date.
>
> I want to be able to say, e.g. "delete all files in this dir that were
> put there on 3/7/06, and ONLY that date".
>
> How can -cmin do that ?

-cmin does file status
-mmin checks file content modification time

If the files are placed, but not edited after placement, -mmin will
work.  -cmin will also work, since status changes are things like
chmod, etc.

If you are looking for a file creation time as an independent value
from modification time, I'm not sure Linux has that.
--
Better Living Through Bitmaps