[ale] High-End Local Hardware Vendors

Dow_Hurst dhurst at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 23 00:08:49 EST 2006

Jeff,
We got a great deal and good service from TeamHPC.  They aren't local but are a good vendor.
www.teamhpc.com

We got 19 slave nodes and 1 head node, all dual opteron 250 systems.  Each node has the Ammasso fast interconnect thru a Tiger SMC 24 port non blocking switch.  For a nice benchmark you can see:
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/performance.html

We are second from the bottom on the graph.  Not a whole bunch of CPUs but what we have we are using effectively!

The price in the rack with two APC UPSes and 1.25TB 3ware Raid 5 was less than $70K last year.
Dow