[ale] Boot failed

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Fri Feb 10 13:39:51 EST 2006

On Fri February 10 2006 11:51 am, Jeff Hubbs wrote:
> "SATA isn't supported in the 2.6 kernel??" he exclaimed, typing on
> his dual-SATA 2.6 machine. ?I can't speak for the vanilla 2.6.15,
> however.
the RHES V3 update 4 does not support it.

> Gee, I would have just switched distributions rather than buy a new
> server.
that wasn't an option. The application being installed requires
RHES/RHEW V3 update 4. I spent about 10 hours trying to MAKE it work,
before we finally went to the redhat knowledgebase.. long story, I
thought I was chasing a floppy USB issue and it ended up being
non-supported SATA issue.

> That's OK - I've gotten four free printers from someone who
> apparently thinks printers are broken when their ink runs out...

almost cheaper to buy new printers than replace ink cartridges! at
least if you get OEM..
after about 5 years I finally gave my son my old Epson 660 and got a
newer/faster/quieter color 880.
I still have my 10+ year old Panasonic KX-P1124, still printing from
the original box of ribbons I bought:) a little WD-40 on them makes em
last longer!
I've been using it for the last 2 years to print multi-part service
orders.
--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800