[ale] distro for carputer

Philip Polstra ppolstra at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 09:21:03 EST 2006

What I'm looking to do is a little different from what Chris is doing at
Dashwerx.

I'm really putting a computer in my car (actually a van), then integrating
it with the vehicle.  I'm putting this in a 1990 Mazda MPV, which doesn't
have much to integrate with.  This is mostly for fun, and to watch movies,
and to play some MP3's.  I might also use this as a mobile command center
for my flight school if I get the Internet access setup.  That way I could
handle flying out of airports other than the one where my school is located.

For input, I have a small keyboard with a glidepad I bought for $60 at
Microcenter.  I think it will do nicely.

The CPU will be between the two front seats, and I am going to mount the
display so I can either use it while not driving from the front, or have it
pointed toward the back for my daughter to watch movies and such.