[ale] OT: MicorCenter and new iMacs

aaron aaron at pd.org
Wed Feb 1 15:16:57 EST 2006

On Wednesday 01 February 2006 20:52, Christopher Fowler wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 20:50 +0000, docx at io.com wrote:
> > On Wed, February 1, 2006 8:41 pm, fletch at phydeaux.org said:
> > >
> > > And as for high-end software, WoW's already a Universal binary.  What more
> > > do you need? :)
> >
> > There's some crazy people who keep talking about "Premiere" this and "Final
> > Cut Pro" that.  From what I understand, WoW's not Intel native yet, but will
> > be soon.  I'm holding off getting a MacBook until mid to late summer a) so the
> > kinks will get worked out of the first generation, b) to wait for all the
> > software makers to get their native binaries out and c) so I will be done with
> > my "take a semester off" vacation and I can get the .edu discount.
>
> Also you will not have to pay for the Mac OSX upgrade that will fix all
> those kinks.  It will come with the device.

Apple has regularly released Free software updates, OS bugfixes and security
patches for all versions of OSeX to date. The OSeX software update tool is very
reliable and easy to use as well. All the OS and software updates for my eMac
over the the past 18 months, from OSeX 10.3.1 to 10.3.9, have been free and
simple to install.

To aid early adopters in the Intel architecture transition, I expect Apple will continue
their 18 mo. window on Free OS updates and fixes, and it wouldn't surprise me
to see them extend it beyond the next release cycle.

peace
aaron