[ale] cheap network attached storage?

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Mon Sep 26 13:42:50 EDT 2005

Thanks to all who suggested solutions.  I think I've got a bum unit.
lsusb finds it, but the scsi emulation times out and gets other nasty
errors.  I tried it on XpPro and it had problems too.   I have a Maxtor
external drive that works on everything.  The other beast didn't work on
SUse 2.4 or 2.6 kernels, or debian 2.4 or 2.6 kernels on 4 different
systems, including two laptops.  Guess I'll toss it in the box to be
sold at the next flea market.

Jim.