[ale] CUPS problems on Debian Etch

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Sep 1 20:16:54 EDT 2005

Jim Seymour wrote:

> I even unplugged the printer the other day and couldn't stop the mess.
> All of the jobs were cancelled in the CUPS system as well. This is a
> little ol' Epson Stylus Color 740. It did stop it this time though :-)
> Still having problems getting openoffice to print the envelope and
> letter though. Keeps leaving off the envelope address and then prints
> half the letter and stops cold :-(

I used to have a similar problem with an old epson of mine.  The only
way I could kill the output to the printer was to kill a process that
was running on the box.  I can't quite remember what it was, but try
running something like:

ps aux|grep printer

or

ps aux|grep lpr

Post your output and maybe it'll jog my memory.

--
Until later, Geoffrey