[ale] RAID recovery

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Fri Nov 11 16:25:39 EST 2005

On Fri November 11 2005 3:15 pm, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> Geoffrey, (note: I am not picking on you by saying this, as you did
> not indicate above that you actually participated in that
> foolishness), I think what you describe is just more fodder to
> frustrate a lot of people who have spent years disgusted with the
> price they pay for the service they get from telcos. ?Clearly there
> were better things for your peers to be doing than to be horsing
> around with their peers computers. ?Sadly AT&T has had to layoff a
> lot of good people over the years, perhaps if their was less playing
> and more paying attention Ma Bell would be more than just a division
> of SBC these days.
all work and no play makes Jack an idiot, er dull boy...
If you haven't worked for a Bell System
company/Western/AT&T/Lucent/Avaya, then you have no idea what we have
gone through. Besides, these days cellphone companies are taking the
place of land lines and long distance. AT&T and Worldcom are going the
way of the rotary dial phone, people still have them and use them, but
only as a joke. My mother-in-law still has the rotary 500DM phone I
installed for her in 1974. It still works. She also has a cell phone
that she uses, calling cards, and a few other new gismos. AT&T is
where it is today because of a 1984 ruling by Judge Green. Now if they
would do the same thing for cable companies, the prices might drop
there also.
--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800