[ale] tux magazine

Pat Regan thehead at patshead.com
Thu Nov 10 13:11:38 EST 2005

Raylynn Knight wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-11-09 at 16:37 -0500, Jim Popovitch wrote:
>> Paul Cartwright wrote:
>> > I'd like to know why Debian is a 14 CD install !?!?!?!?!
>>
> It's not a 14 CD install.  Those 14 CD's contain the the binaries for
> multiple architectures to include at least ia32, m68k, sparc, ppc and
> mips that I can recall.

Those 14 CDs are for a single architecture.  If you actually download
all 14 discs you will have everything that is in the official Debian
repositories for your architecture.

Debian has an absolutely huge number of packages.  Even if you aren't
doing a network install downloading all 14 images is probably a waste of
bandwidth and CDRs :p.

Pat