[ale] OT: power saving devices

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 8 16:55:30 EST 2005

I'm looking for one or more power saving devices that do the following:

TV: After 1 hour shutoff TV if zero motion in vicinity.   I know I can
do this with a combination of X-10 devices, but I am looking for a
simplified solution.

Printer:  After 1 hour of consistent near-zero amperage on line (i.e.
printer is idle), cut line power until printer power switch is cycled.
I know this is do-able, as some newer X-10 light modules will allow
you to cycle a lamp switch and power on the module rather than having to
hunt down the X-10 remote to do this.  Again, I am looking for an
all-in-one solution.

Ideally the solutions would be inline adapters that the device powercord
is plugged in to.  GFI and lightning arresting capabilities would be
welcome too.

Any ideas?

-Jim P.