[ale] OT "Homework" was Networking question

brucelists at bellsouth.net brucelists at bellsouth.net
Sat Jul 23 10:43:12 EDT 2005

The Cisco guides for CCNA and CCNP have been less than clear on subnetting. The thing that helped me the most last time I tried to figure it out was a Sybex guide (think it was an earlier CCNA guide).

Since we're so off-topic - how is preparing for the exam? My 15 year old son will be homeschooled this year, and I wasn't sure if we wanted to work on A+, N+, CCNA or just hack around with servers. I've got some routers to play with, and was thinking of picking up a spare PC or two for messing with. (of course, he'd rather mess with 60's or 70's American cars with V8s and 4 speeds - so we'll have to balance it a bit)

Bruce